category: verzion

22
DEC
2010

Well.. it didn’t take long for it to happen, but I can let you know that it was not my fault. My DroidX came with software version 2.3.151 on it. At the beginning of this month 2.3.340 came out. When I initially got the phone, I checked for software updates, but none existed. Go figure. Anyways, the update for 2.3.340 is looking for 2.3.15 version of the O/S for it to upgrade correctly. *doh* This is what I call major programing flaws. So while reading online on how to do it, I was able to update to .320 and then I was able to do the OTA update to .340.

Just goes to show you that not all programing is created equally and everything has flaws in it!

20
DEC
2010

(Yeah… so I havn’t posted in a while. Deal. :))

Today I took the plunge and got a new phone. I ditched my Blackberry Storm 1. That’s right. I had the original phone for over two years and the only major issue I ever had with the phone was up until recently I could not “unlock” the phone so I had to use the “bedtime mode” for the lock. Very annoying.

Going through the phones for the past 2 weeks, I decided it was time to upgrade and get the DroidX and “get with the times” sorta speak. So far I am pretty impressed, but I am still setting it up like I would like it. I should be up in running fully again within the hour after I add some applications I had on the blackberry and get my “home screens” configured. However, I must delete the bloatware that is installed because nothing pisses me more off than the bloatware.